Monday, April 16, 2012

Scrapbook and Stamp Society Guest DT


A few months ago I received an email from Heather at Scrapbook and Stamp Society asking if I was interested in joining their scrapbooking design team. Sadly, I did not have space in my schedule for another full-time team, but I asked if I could do a guest spot. Heather and Sherri said yes and sent me a few digital stamps to work with.

Here is one of the cards I made, using the Morgan Fitzsimons 1920's Hat 2 Digi Stamp.


I printed the image onto Copic Xpress It white cardstock and colored it with Copics. (I use an Epson photo printer to print most of my digital stamps.)


The beauty of digital stamps is that you can print them in whatever size you want. I wanted this one to fit a Spellbinders circle die template, so sized it on the smaller side. I think it is a 2 1/2 inch circle.

The next stamp is called Morgan Fitzsimons 8A Little Girl. This image reminds me of the March girls in Little Women or the Ingalls girls in Little House on the Prairie!


I colored the image with Copics, then realized that the feel of the card was more winter than spring! {However, when we lived in the "snow belt" this is how we dressed for spring!} Well, I am not one to waste all that coloring!


I rooted through my vast stash of supplies and came upon some Flower Soft. I have never used this product before. Ok, truth time...I once opened one of the packages, and Flower Soft went everywhere, so I closed the package and never touched that stuff again!


I like to think I am not afraid of anything (except bugs and other assorted creepy crawlies), so I pulled out the package and used it on this card! I created flowers on the tree, bush, and in the basket! Super cool. And Flower Soft was really easy to work with once I got over the fact that it does seems to "grow" when you open the package!

You simply put down some glue, (I used some really sticky white glue that I had on my desk) and sprinkle the Flower Soft over the glue. I gently pressed the "fluff" into the glue. The hardest part is waiting for the glue to set! I used a toothpick to put down my glue and push the Flower Soft around until it looked the way I wanted.


I had the perfect stamp for the inside of the card! This is my reason for having so many stamps...you need a lot of stamps to make sure you always have the perfect stamp! {grin}

I want to thank Scrapbook and Stamp Society for letting me be a guest designer! I had a lot of fun!
Stamps: Morgan Fitzsimons 1920's Hat 2 Digi Stamp; Digi Doodle Download Stamp Morgan Fitzsimons 8A Little Girl; Waltzing Mouse Spring Baskets; Waltzing Mouse Fancy Phrases
Designer paper: My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally, Howdy Doody; Bo Bunny Timepiece; Teresa Collins Christmas Home
Cardstock: American Crafts Concrete, Coffee; Copic Xpress It White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers; Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Peach Pastel
Flower Soft: Peony Pink, Spring
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls: Recollections
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Punch: Martha Stewart
Die cutting system: Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Spellbinders die templates Nested Lacey Pennants, Persian Motifs
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner; glue

7 comments:

  1. again - fabulous photos!!!!!!!

    The cards are great, but I am loving the big detailed photos - especially the one showing your use of Flower Soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Gloria. My husband and I share an office and I'm looking at this on lunch break. He looked over, saw your card, and said Wow! I said what? He said the coloring on that card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both stamps and I hope they are easier to run down than the last ones you posted and I liked. That took forever but once I found them it was well worth it. Thanks for shareing. You could make some money if you just sold the stamps you use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - beautiful projects Gloria! Thank you for your sweet comments on my dress project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Flower Soft really makes the card!

    ReplyDelete