Saturday, December 01, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #61

Welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge for today! The challenge is to make a project that is white on white, plus one color (or a colored image), plus ribbon.

Like many of you, I feel that white on white is huge challenge! But, at this time of year, it seems that there is so much that can be done with white! Here is what I came up with.


I started out with the idea of embossing white paper with the dots folder and using that for my background. But, I quickly decided that I "needed" some printed paper. I was lucky to find some white paper with a subtle background of cream! I love to shop my stash!


I ended up adding just a strip of the embossed paper, which I inked with creamy brown chalk ink. I found a scrap of white glitter paper in my stash and cut two ornaments from it. Then I cut some and inked some die cuts. I think this is one great white challenge! (If I do say so myself!)


I have a huge stash of white ribbons and trims, but I did get some NEW items from RRR, so used those. I used: 3/8 inch white satin with a grosgrain edge, 3/8 inch white velvet, and Allison white crochet lace.


I also used some of the CANDi in Choc-a-Mocha. Such a yummy color! CANDi is basically paper brads! You attach them with a dimensional dot and...that's it! They come in more colors than you can count! My favorites are Choc-a-Mocha, Seville Row, and Hardware.
 
Thanks for looking! Visit the RRR Blog to see the other entries...and to enter your own project!

Cardstock: American Crafts White; Bazzill Kraft; Best Creation glitter
Designer paper: My Mind's Eye All is Bright
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk Creamy Brown
Embossing Folder: The Paper Studio
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon 3/8 inch white satin with a grosgrain edge, 3/8 inch white velvet, Allison white crochet lace
Button: Buttons Galore and More
Brads: Craftwork Cards Candi Choc-a-Mocha
Die cuts: Spellbinders 2012 Heirloom Ornaments, 2010 Heirloom Ornaments, Layered Poinsettia, Holly Accents, Holly Motifs, Standard Circles Large and Small
Tools: Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Bow Easy
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Beacon Fabri-tac; Heidi Swapp Scrappy Glue

7 comments:

  1. OMG! This card is SUPER gorgeous. Just so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA this card is absolutely beautiful! I love the pointsetta and leaves oh my..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this card is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over the top gorgeous Gloria! But then again, you always blow me away :) Love all the details on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful white on white card, Gloria! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning, GF!!!!! Love every little detail and the white/cream combo is delish!! Mwaah!!!

    ReplyDelete