Monday, July 07, 2014

Craft Hoarders Challenge Blog - Challenge #11

(To see my Crafty Secrets Guest Design Post, please click HERE.)

Somehow it is July! My summer is flying by! We start homeschooling again August 11th, so my "free time" is draining away! 

July also means that the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog is now 6 months old! We posted our first challenge February 3rd! I could not be happier with the response we are getting from our participants and sponsors! If  you have not played in a challenge yet, now is the time!

Challenge #11 posts today!  Remember, you have two weeks to play in the new challenge, which closes July 20th at midnight PT.

Challenge #11 Tag, You're It!
Use a tag on your project. Create a handmade gift tag. Create a tag mini album. Add tags to your scrapbook layout or your card. You may use some hoarded tag-shaped packaging or you may cut tags from scrap paper using a die cut template. Maybe you hoard shipping tags of all sizes. As long as your project contains some sort of tag, you will meet the requirements to play along!

The sponsors this month are Crafter's Companion and Spectrum Noir! My pal Taylor  hooked us up with some great product to play with!  Here is my project.



I used the super cute Crafter's Companion s.w.a.l.k. stamp as my focal image. (The stamp is from my stash, and I think this is an older stamp as I don't see it on their US website, but is is on the UK site HERE.) I decide to go bright and fun on this card! 


I colored the image with alcohol markers. I also colored the larger blue flowers with alcohol markers. The little sentiment that came with this stamps set says: You Really are One in  a Million. So, I colored the naughty little puppy blue. {wink}


I added four paper tags behind the image, and then stacked up some colorful flowers. I know, this is so cute that it makes your teeth hurt, just a bit, right?! {giggle} I tied each tag with coordinating baker's twine.


I grunged up the edges of the paper, and made sure to allow some contrasting paper peek out. 


This card is 6 x 6 inches. I don't often make cards this size, but the image is quite large, approximately 3 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches - I trimmed the white cardstock to 4 1/4 x 3 3/8 inches. Plus, I wanted to load the card with lots of extras...so, I went BIG!


I had to decorate the inside also! I covered the inside with more of the decorative paper, and for the top I added a pre-made tag and a bit of blue seam binding. The tag is a Martha Stewart item that I found at Staples a while back. 

I also made a gift card holder and stamped with one of the sentiments from my new stamp set, found HERE. I added a white panel for journaling.

Thanks for visiting!

Challenge Rules are HERE. Make sure you LINK your project up using the Link Tool on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. PLEASE DO NOT LINK YOUR PROJECT HERE TO MY SCRAPS OF LIFE BLOG!

Make sure you visit the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Design Team and check out what they have to share! 

Amber Milone

Christy Butters
Debbie Seyer
Donna Idlet
Ginny Nemchak
Glenda Brooks
Gloria Stengel - YOU ARE HERE
Jan Marie Ennenga
Karen Zueger
Pam Bray
Tammi Bennett


One talented participant will receive this prize, donated by Crafter's Companion and Spectrum Noir! Yes! You get two alcohol marker sets, one large embossing folder, one coordinating stamp set, and a packet of cardstock for stamping and coloring!


Crafter’s Companion US
 brings you the products to make crafting a little bit easier, including the Spectrum Noir coloring system, the Ultimate Pro, and more! Crafter’s Companion produces a full range of tools to create cards and other paper craft projects. Their mission is to make their innovative, award-winning tools accessible to crafters around the world at fantastic prices.

Website: http://www.crafterscompanion.com/
Blog: http://crafterscompanion.blogspot.com/

Spectrum Noir is the revolutionary coloring system brought to you by Crafter's Companion. The range combines affordability with versatility across a vast color spectrum, deigned specifically for the crafting market. Spectrum Noir wishes to make both alcohol marker and pencil coloring achievable for colorists at all levels of confidence and ability. 

Website: http://www.spectrumnoir.com/
Blog: http://www.spectrumnoir.com/blog/


Cardstock: Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium WhiteWorldWin Papers Smooth and Silky Black
Designer paper: Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar; Authentique (pale pink)
Stamps: Crafter's Companion s.w.a.l.k One In A Million; Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps/Gloria Stengel Designs Birthday Word Art
Seam Binding and Baker's Twine: Really Reasonable RIbbon
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass; Copic markers
Flowers: Prima; Wild Orchid Crafts
Doily: Wilton
Chalkboard tag: Martha Stewart
Die cut templates: Spellbinders Grand Rectangles, Grand Scallop Rectangles; My Favorite Things gift card pocket
Tools: Prima Distressing Tool
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue; Glue Dots

13 comments:

  1. So creative...typical Gloria style! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful..inside and out!! I just love the layers and tags..lovely work as usual!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought class and great design to this card, my friend! Love the coloring and the fun embellies, and the inside of the card is as pretty as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card Gloria! I love the sentiment with the little blue colored naughty pup. Your coloring is beautiful and the colors you chose are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria, love your card. Your coloring is wonderful and the flowers are beautiful that you added to the card. The inside is lovely too! Love the gift card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card...inside and out! Fabulous idea with the gift card mounting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet!! Love that blue pup and the bright green ball. . way to use that G45 paper! And those, flowers. . .swoon. Clever work on the inside as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY!!! What a fabulous card, love your coloring and of course all of your fabulous layered details. Love how you complete your inside of your cards....always amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, the roses and sweet colored image are gorgeous but the inside is such an unexpected treat! Fabulous card, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card, Gloria. You really made that cute stamp image work with the G45 papers. I'm just dying to know if the faint blue tinge around the embossed panel is something I could do; it really helps coordinate the image to the whole. Looks like you did it while the paper was still in the rectangular die, and maybe air brushed with your alcohol markers? I'd never get an effect that subtle with a stamp pad, or maybe it's just picking up the color from the card background in these photos; if that's the case....never mind.

    Just brilliant as always, and glad to hear that an increased crafting is agreeing with you thus far. We'll all take you, any way we can get you, on any schedule that suits you! Thanks again for all your efforts on our behalves.

    ReplyDelete