Thursday, August 21, 2014

Faith - Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps

I hope you were able to check out the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps August Release. Click HERE to see my release day project. And click HERE to see my SNSS DT blog post. 

Today, I am sharing another card using some images and die cut shapes from the August Release. This is a "just because" card, mostly because I need a reminder to cling to my faith in the rough times. It is easy to have faith when things are easy. It is harder to have faith when life tosses you into a vat of lemons!



Corrie Ten Boom was a remarkable woman of faith and I love this quote. If you don't know who Corrie Ten Boom is, please Google her. She was a remarkable servant during WWII and her story is life-changing.

I created this card by first embossing a piece of white cardsotck with an embossing folder. Since I wanted to use the beach-themed stamps from the SNSS August Release, I decided to ink my embossed paper with blue inks. 


I stamped the sentiment from the Faith stamp set onto white cardstock, and then I cut it out with a circle die. I sponged on some pale blue ink and matted the circle with a black scalloped circle. I then stamped two sand dollars from the Flourish Seashells stamp set and colored them with Copics. I use the matching Flourish Seashells die set to cut out the images.


I used foam tape to pop the sand dollar images off the card. I also used a Wink of Stella pen to add some glitter to the center of the images. 


As always, I used some scraps and stamps to decorate the inside of the card.


The card is all topped off with a fantastic bow. I love this wired, white chevron ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Make sure you stop over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog to see what's going on! We have a new release every month! Here is a peek at my August Release post. {I don't have a stamp or die set in this release...but keep your eyes peeled for September!}


Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps: Flourish Seashells, Faith
Sweet 'n Sassy Dies: Flourish Seashells
Cardstock: WorldWin Treasures Textured Black, White; Stampin' Up Whisper White
Other dies: Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, Classic Scallop Circles Large, Nautical
Embossing folder: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Bubble Wrapping
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Feathered Peacock, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Squeezed Lemonade; Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Fireberry
Markers: Copics; Zig Wink of Stalla Clear
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Glue Dots

2 comments:

  1. I love this color palette....and the wonderful textured background, too. It really makes me think of how the beach looks after a hard rain. That sentiment is wonderful, too. Corrie ten Boom is one of my personal heroes. I wanted to name one of our daughters after her, but couldn't get Dale to agree.

    ReplyDelete