Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - Just Relax!

Hello! Today is my day to post on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog. The Design Team has been sharing projects from the August Release. If you missed the release, click HERE

There are times when we all need to be told to RELAX! I created a card with a soft color palette and a relaxing vibe!


I used the NEW August Release Beauty By the Sea die set and the Beauty By the Sea stamps


I found some old photo slides in my stash and decided that one would make a really cool backdrop for my starfish cluster. I stamped the starfish onto printed paper and then colored them with Copics. (The paper has a faint text background.)

I added some postage cancellation marks that I punched from printed paper. I also added some fun items - a tiny bottle of sand, some old resistors, and some burlap. {I was an electrical engineering student once, so yes I have resistors! Don't they look like tiny nautical something or others?!} 


For my second cluster, I used another of the stamped, colored, and die cut starfish, along with some twine and another punched postage mark. I also stamped the RELAX! sentiment from the Beauty By the Sea set and cut it out with a banner die.


I love how this card turned out. I love the beachy colors and the embellishment clusters just make my day!


You know I must decorate the inside of the card. I stamped the Scripture from the Beauty By the Sea stamp set onto the printed paper. And there lurks another starfish!


I wish all of you a good day. Thanks for looking and for commenting! I love your comments.

Make sure you stop over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog to see what's going on! We have a new release every month! Here is a peek at my August Release post. {I don't have a stamp or die set in this release...but keep your eyes peeled for September!}


Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and Dies: Beauty By the Sea
Cardstock: WorldWin Treasures Textured Deep Brown
Printed paper: Prima Seashore
Other dies: Spellbinders Mix'd Media Elements
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Markers: Copics
Twine: May Arts
Pearls: Recollections
Photo slide: unknown
Burlap: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Resistors, Glass Bottle: Sky Blue Pink
Sand: Oceanside, CA beach {smile}
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Tacky Glue

4 comments:

  1. Hey. . I loved this fun card. . The sand bottle is so charming. . Gloria. . Am completely in love with ur designing style. . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this...they instantly make me feel relaxed and at peace. So clever to add that little punch of coral to the mix...it really makes the starfish pop. The little bottle, twine and stickpins are classic Gloria whimsy...and why I love your work so much. The inside is as pretty as the outside...just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Gloria you have my attention" Gloria, love your card... I have a big smile right now as your card brings back lots of thought... which i will share with you and hope you will have a smile on your face after reading. I re-watched the titanic move last week. One of my favorites.... When I saw your sea shell card and the stamps by sweet and sassy it took me right away to the phrase the treasure hunter said to Rose in the movie. "Rose you have my attention"...... so Gloria you are my Rose today.... have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty, love your design and embellishing!

    ReplyDelete